The 6 of us!!!

The 6 of us!!!
6 different personalities

Me

Me
8 weeks post baby!!!

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Encounters during running!!!

I decided to cancel the 35 min. and do a 4mi. As soon as the fam. finished lunch, I went for a 4mi. run. No warm up... I suggest to let your food settle but this is what you get on a Sunday... mile 1 9:38, mile 2 10:25, mile 3 10:05, mile 4 9:40... as look at these times, you will see I was not very consistent in mile 2 & 3... Here's what happened...


During mi. 2 a man and his son were playing catch in the front yard... the baseball was thrown out the street and into traffic on the street. I was running straight thought I could throw the ball back to the two and that's what I did. when I stopped to throw the ball, I threw it into the trees which didn't make it go far but the dad was there to catch it and I was on my way again. Not but 30 sec. later I ran past 2 men carrying a 24pk of beer. One of the guys jogged with the beer with me a little less than half a block. He had to been drunk which made me say a quick prayer for the guy. I told it was four miles today and so he stopped running and said,  "right on."


 When I finished mi. 2, I stopped to stretch and also stopped the watch. (this was also my turn around loop) I probably stretched (hamstrings) for about 30 sec. and then started my watch again. 
On my way back,


I passed the drunk men which had spilled their beer cans and were gathering them... Quite hilarious (little prayer for these guys). This is why I love to run... a moment for me to pray for complete strangers I have encountered. I also prayed for two boys on their bikes which were headed the beach with their surf boards. I don't know where they stand, but I can say a quick prayer on their salvation. Ultimately, children are our future!!! Thank you ladies again for motivating me to run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment