The 6 of us!!!

The 6 of us!!!
6 different personalities

Me

Me
8 weeks post baby!!!

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dec. 23 Dog ATTACK!

Two days before Christmas...


Something told me not to run alone... I called a friend to see if she could run... Not at the moment I was going to run... Maybe another friend... No answer.... It's just 4 mi. Why am I acting like this? I love running but something says no...


I had on a fuchsia shirt with black shorts... I started off and ran past a black chow and a mini side kick that were roaming around in a yard. Well... if they chase me... I am already running... I got to my first mi. 8:48 Good! Right on track!


As I was approaching my second mi... I ran past a small black dog on a leash... So cute! Then... What do my wandering eyes should appear?... Not a miniature sleigh and 8 tiny reindeer... But a German Sheppard barking ferociously at me and there is no chain to stop the dog. I thought maybe he will stop. As I turn around... he was on my heels... 


An unfamiliar voice came out of my mouth... Is that mine? This high shrill scream with the words: "SOMEBODY HELP ME!"


mY arms were flaring around like I was doing an African Dance... My legs were not like running legs but dancing legs... How can this be? Why was I not moving correctly to get away from this dog???? 


The ARMY has taught me to be aware of my surroundings and so... I spotted a house where there were four cars parked in the yard... 2 in the driveway.. There must be someone home... Did I look both ways before I did my African Dance across the street!? No! 


As I was dancing... the thoughts were running through my mind... "Was this the Day I was going to DIE?" Nah... this was the day I was going to the HOsPital for a dog bite! I imagined him biting a chunk out of my arm... As I got to the yard, I thought how embarrassing it would be of me to knock on someone's door I do not know to say, "Hey, I have a dog attached to my arm, could you kindly get him off me?" So I get to the closest vehicle and cover my head with my hands and crouch down. The dog caught up to me and groaned before he walked away! "What!?" At this point, I was mad!!! I was his toy! So then I acted like the big-shot and jumped at him.  I heard his owner. I called the dog to me... What?! Was I ready for more??? I was no longer afraid but mad!!! 


The owner comes out after all the commotion and began to press me for answers.. "Did he cross the street with cars coming?" "Did he chase you?" All about her dog... 
Forget the fact tHAT he just chased me down the street and made me his toy!!!! 


Then she says, "By the way I am Corrie and this is my Bruno. He's never done this before. I had the door wide open and he ran out right passed me when I wasn't looking." 


I then say, "It's alright I have a dog and four children and they let my dog out all the time." (He's never chased someone down the street and have them create some kind of dance to get away!) I was taking up for her! I couldn't believe my own ears... 


ME: I am sorry, I just wasn't expecting that


CORRIE: He's never done that before


ME: I put on my defense mechanism before I realized if he was nice or not


CORRIE: What's your defense mechanism?


ME: Running and screaming


CORRIE: oh, I am mad he ran out like that


ME: oh it's no big deal, he's fine (have I lost my mind? my heart was still pumping and my 
stomach wasn't feeling well) Have a great day! 


CORRIE: You too!


I am lost for words!That mi. was 11:18 with all the commotion
the 3rd mi. was 9:48 and the 4th mi. was 8:50. 
I have encountered many runs with dogs... but not one like this! Stay motivated ladies! Running is an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment