The 6 of us!!!

The 6 of us!!!
6 different personalities

Me

Me
8 weeks post baby!!!

Friday, December 9, 2011

Dec. 9th workout

Update...I did get two miles in yesterday... I ran with the dog on the beach... I am not particularly a beach runner because the sand where I live is not compacted like the sand is on Tybee Island, GA or chicks beach, Virginia beach... The great part about running on the beach is you will train to run faster once you run on the pavement. I did this when I was in the Army and didn't particularly like running on the resistant track but found it was better for making me run faster. Sorry to get carried away, that's the runner in me...
Today's workout needs to be with weights. I know I know! You may not want to bulk up... Well use light weights. Your bone density will like you and osteoporosis could happen if you don't. It only took my husband 6 years to drill this into my head. Last Friday we did solely legs and I paid for it for 2days... today we will do a well incorporated workout because I have a race tomorrow with a little runner and I do not want to be sore.
 warm-up with a light jog for a minute or some jumping jacks.
2min. inclined push ups or regular your choice
2min. leg lifts or knee ups
2min. crunches (you may be a little sore from yesterday)
2min. thrusters
1min jumping jacks
Repeat 1x and cool down with jumping jacks or light jog around the block!

No comments:

Post a Comment